Calling all animal lovers! If you’re looking for volunteer sanctuary experience in the magical Andes Mountains in South America, look no further than Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary.
Whether or not you’re a local, just passing through, or from the other side of the world, we have volunteer sanctuary work that you can help us with!
Virtual Sanctuary Volunteering
Our virtual volunteer opportunities include fundraising, writing grants, and account and bookkeeping help from a Spanish speaker. Your virtual volunteer work helps keep these animals fed and sheltered.
After a brutal life in the animal agriculture industry, we want to give them the life that they deserve. Every bit of work that you do helps with that, regardless of whether it’s in person or online.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- COVID-19 Fundraiser – Patreon Expert
- Host a Fundraiser for Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary
- Grant Writer for Rescued Animals
- Spanish Speaking Bookkeepers/Accountant for Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary
- Graphic Designer
- Sponsor an Animal
On-Site Volunteer Sanctuary Opportunities
If you’re looking for an on-site volunteer program, we have plenty of options available for this as well.
Whether you want to stay for a week or just a day, we have plenty of work around the sanctuary that we need help with.
At the sanctuary, we have early hours and late nights.
As a volunteer, you need to be ready to receive instructions and carry them out to the best of your ability. You’re not signing up for a holiday with lots of animal cuddles, you will be put to work on our volunteer program!
There is a cost associated with the program to cover the expenses of living at the sanctuary. If you are staying for more than a month, contact us to receive a lower rate.
- Must be 18 years or over
- Must practice a vegan diet while at the sanctuary
- Pay your own return airfare
- Able to carry out tasks of a physical nature
- Reliable, honest, and hardworking
- Be comfortable and loving with all the animals
- Respect the peaceful environment at the sanctuary
- Provide references from organizations you have volunteered with before or from your current employer
- Help to maintain buildings and fences
- Be able to work cooperatively with other volunteers
Duties may include:
- Cleaning out kitty litter trays & bedding; poo patrol
- Raking – keeping all pathways clear & presentable
- Sorting & assisting with feeding as required
- Feeding the animals
- Cleaning the animal shelters
- Collecting cow manure
- Working in the organic garden
- Fixing fences
- Playing with the dogs
- Walking the dogs
- Brushing the animals
- Socializing – on an ad hoc basis with new residents as required If you are interested in joining our team of regularly committed volunteers, we would dearly love to hear from you.
- Advocating for veganism
- Assisting in maintaining records for each individual animal
- Contributing content for social media and website
Please fill in the Volunteer Application form first. After approval, you will be interviewed by our volunteer coordinator, and then you can book your volunteer package.
1 or 2 Weeks
Program Fees Include:
Accommodation ( si eres de Colombia o Sur America contactanos antes para planes diferentes)
We have two guest rooms, both with private bathrooms, available for our volunteers and guests.
Each room has two single beds and private bathroom/shower.
IMPORTANT: Before booking, please confirm availability of the dates
Why is our plans a minimum of one week? Because the training lasts a minimum of 3 days.
BASIC PLAN: $25 per day (per person) includes a shared (two beds) room with shower.
You will have access to all the house, including the kitchen to make things for yourself. The kitchen is fully equipped.
Remote Volunteer Opportunity
- We need graphic designers and people who know how to create nice videos.
- We need someone who can help us reach more people with our message so our work can be known everywhere in the world.
You can help our project from your place and help us to help more animals
- Make a tax-deductible donation
- Sign up as a regular donor or sponsor an animal and encourage your friends to do the same
- Donate in memory of a loved one
- Celebrate your birthday, wedding or another special day by asking your friends and loved ones to sponsor an amazing animal in your name
- Give to Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary as gifts to others
- Have your workplace sponsor our lovely animals. Each team or unit could choose a different animal
- Collect spare change at home or work
- Collect spare change in your home, e.g. create a swear jar
- Keep a Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary collection tin in your workplace or business
- Ask a business you know to keep a collection tin in their shop (they will need to complete a short Collection Tin Agreement)
- Create your own raffle and sell tickets at work or at your fundraising events
Host your own fundraiser
Hosting a fundraising event is a great way to raise money. Get together with your friends, family or work colleagues and host a:
- Cocktail party, dinner, vegan BBQ or food and wine tasting – whatever you and your friends enjoy.
- Movie screening, or games or trivia night. (You could even add a raffle or silent auction to any of these proceedings.)
- Hold a vegan bake sale
- Hold an art/photographic exhibition
- Hold a cruelty-free cooking competition, like master chef
- Hold a party night and sell cruelty-free products
- Participate in a challenge
- Create your own fundraising page to raise funds with the help of your friends through e-mail and your social networks. Ask them to sponsor you for participating in a challenge, some ideas include:
- A physical challenge such as a marathon, walkathon (with your pets), danceathon or ride-a-thon – join a public event or create your own with some friends
- Give up something for a month and donate the money saved. Ask others to join in and give up their morning soy latte, for example
- Find people to sponsor you to shave your head or dye your hair a bright color
- Hold a movie or dance night
- Have a free dress day
- Hold a fashion show with clothes donated from your parent’s wardrobe (with their permission, of course!)
Sign Up to Volunteer Today!
If you’re interested in volunteering with our vegan sanctuary, get in touch! We would love to hear from you about your skills and passions so we can find an opportunity that suits you best.
The work you do for Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary will help the animals that have found their home with us and any future animals who have been victims of the farm industry. Your work provides a lifeline for animals in need!
Fill out the form with your information, and we’ll be in touch with you shortly to schedule an interview.
We look forward to working with you!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT US NOW!